Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finding common denominators on vacation AKA a sure fire way to go crazy

This was the first time I've ever hauled school books with us on vacation.
And I might not ever repeat it. ; )



Usually, on vacation I can count something we do as a field trip and I leave the books at home.
We usually go and see something historical or educational at least once on a trip...but not this time. We were just planning to enjoy the activities of the time-share resort. -There isn't anything educational about a water slide and a lazy river pool.

I guess I could say, it was an education for me, in 'how cold can it be outdoors before your kids think it's too cold to swim.' ; ) The answer to that is, apparently, pretty cold!
The pool was heated mind you, but we still went in when it was only 54 degrees outside. BRRRRRRRR!!!
I actually saw a guy IN the pool, wearing a SWEATSHIRT!
Yes, we were all trying to make the best of the uncharacteristically COLD weather in FL that week. Too funny! I should've snapped his picture.

Who can possibly concentrate on finding the common denominator when you would much rather be doing this!?
We tried but I don't think it worked too well. ; )



~Becky

No comments: