Monday, January 26, 2009

What a blessing Teaching Textbooks has been to us!

Math was not my best subject in school.
I had some serious trouble with it.
It wasn't my hubby's best subject either. And it really wasn't a good thing when we took the same math class in college and sat by each other! ; ) Too many love notes were getting passed back and forth.....
Anyway, it looked as if one of our kiddos was an awful lot like us in the math department. Uh oh!
That was UNTIL we switched to Teaching Textbooks.
Now he understands upper level math and has wonderful grades! What a blessing!!!!

The one question people were always posing to me when our kids were little, wasn't the socialization question, it was the 'how will you teach high school math' question.
(did I just happen to LOOK like a person who wasn't good at math or what?!) LOL
Anyway, I had some vague answer about there being plenty of high school math programs available out there....
Of course, I had no idea what we would use way back then. I just knew that it would work out somehow because the fear of teaching high school math certainly wasn't worth sending my children to public school! But that is how people made it sound.
Now, here I am on the other side of that hurdle and I'm praising the Lord for providing the right program and for the Sabouris! He is faithful in every way.

~Becky

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

We love Teaching Textbooks. I really didn't want to spend the money on this program, but in the end it was well worth the expense.